Experience St. Louis in a truly unique and authentic way at STL Storytelling Live, a live storytelling event featuring local authors. The stories presented will range from colorful and quirky to heart-warming and poignant. Storytellers will combine personal experience with favorite St. Louis topics like nostalgia, sports, historical happenings, and special places.
Longtime St. Louis radio personality and prolific travel writer Bill Clevlen (100 Things to Do in America Before You Die) will moderate the event program and participate alongside other local authors including:
- Cameron Collins, blogger and creator of www.distilledhistory.com (Lost Treasures of St. Louis)
- Amanda Doyle, guidebook and children's author (To the Top: The Story of the Gateway Arch)
- Calvin Riley, founder and director of the George B. Vashon African American History Museum
- Carol Shepley, St. Louis historian and guide (St. Louis: An Illustrated Timeline)
- Ed Wheatley, baseball historian and curator (St. Louis Browns: The Story of a Beloved Team)
Books and other items by the storytellers will be available for sale before and after the event, with a portion of proceeds going to children's charities supported by the Missouri Athletic Club. Participating charities include Books for STL Kids, Jackie Joyner-Kersee Foundation, and Midtown Community Services. After the program, storytellers will greet attendees and autograph items purchased at the event.